12 Shocking Facts About Blogging by Sarah Malcolm
We talk about blogging benefits all the time. Well-planned and executed blogs build content opportunities and organic traffic. Blogs come as long and short, video and text, how-tos and lists. We’ve dug through the research on blogging to present these lesser known interesting statistics about blogging and its effectiveness.
1. HubSpot studied over 6,000 customers using email marketing and found companies that blog get twice more traffic from their email than companies without a blog. Perhaps that has something to do with how blogs create original, engaging content for their audience? Source
2. In 2015, MarketingProfs said bloggers created two million blog posts each day. Talk about competition for attention!
3. You can’t blog infrequently. HubSpot research found businesses who blogged 16 to 20 times per month doubled their traffic compared to blogs with new posts less than 4 times per month. In other words, once a week may not be enough.
4. Want more leads from your blogging? B2B businesses who blogged just 16 to 20 times per month got 3 times more leads than those who didn’t blog. Source
5. Social Media Today claims small businesses that blog get 126% more leads than small businesses that do not blog.
6. Businesses with over 200 total blog articles got 4.6 times more traffic than those with under 20 blog posts. Regular blogs build audience engagement. This additionally shows you have to keep at it! Don’t quit if you don’t see results early on in blogging.
7. More proof that blogging must be viewed as a long-term strategy: 1 in 10 blog posts are compounding, which means organic search increases their traffic over time. (Source: HubSpot)
8. TechClient found having a blog with your website increases your shot of ranking highly on search engines by 434%. Blogs are keyword-generating, audience-attracting superheroes.
9. Video content has made a buzz over the last five years. We’ve seen the rise of YouTube and launch of Live streaming. However, this is surprising: 58% of marketers voted for “original written content” as the most important type of content, out ranking images, videos, and infographics.
10. Very few blog posts are truly “evergreen,” or constantly attracting new traffic. However, compounding blog posts generate 38% of overall traffic, even though only 10% of posts perform this way. (Source: HubSpot)
11. Mind blown: The number of bloggers is expected to reach 31.7 million in 2020. That’s the estimated population of Venezuela! Again, this speaks to the competition blogs face and the need for quality content.
12. You need content to engage with buyers! Demand Gen Report found 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales representative. Not buying a product or service, but engaging in conversation with the company. It’s highly likely these pieces of content include blogs or content repurposed from a blog.
The theme from all these facts: quality content is how brands distinguish themselves in a crowded marketplace. Blogs are crucial pieces of content generation, which is why we work with the best writers and real estate brands to craft engaging blogs and other social content for the audience.
Need help with your social media strategy?
Contact Jen@thenewsfunnel.com to learn more. We manage some of the BIGGEST brand’s social media in CRE and more importantly WE GET RESULTS. Can I get an AMEN!?
If you are interested in booking Sarah Malcolm as a speaker feel free to reach out directly at email@example.com.