10 Truly Awesome CRE Tech Blogs
I am a huge fan of blogs. I write one myself. My news platform features hundreds of them. And I preach to anyone that will listen that blogging is one of the most effective ways to build a brand, differentiate yourself and build a prosperous dialogue with your client base.
In my mind, a good blog does five things well:
- It provides insight.
- It makes you think about how you are doing things in your own world.
- It makes you want to share with others.
- It is short, concise and reflects its author or brand’s personality.
- It makes you anticipate the next blog.
While it’s really great to see so many amazing blogs now being written in the marketplace, I see a great many mistakes bloggers make that prevent them from developing a good following or having an impact. Here are the top five mistakes I see all too often:
- Lack of consistency. If you can’t write on a consistent basis, don’t do it at all.
- Too self promotional. If you make your blog into a sales pitch, people will get turned off.
- It is too long and reads like a book.
- It has nothing new to say.
- It is cookie cutter.
In the real estate sector, I think these 10 blogs do an amazing job when it comes to creating content about commercial real estate and technology.
- Duke Long
- Jonathan Schultz
- Allen Buchanan
- The Tenant Advisor
- Real Estate Tech News
It’s so refreshing to see how many real estate sites have begun to embrace Content Marketing as a business tool. While I am a big fan of dozens of others, I mention the ones above because I think they set a good example of how professionals and companies can use blogging as a way to build their brand and generate leads.